At HARLEM SOLICITORS, we provide unparalleled depth and scope with regard to the complex issues that arise in Family Law, including matrimonial causes, custody, adoption, inheritance and estate administration. We have varied experience dealing with divorces, disputes relating to child custody and access, child and spousal support as well as the division of property.
Our team is adequately knowledgeable in marriage contracts and a broad range of legal matters, both routine and complex, that affect families in transition. With client-focused approach, we encourage family law mediation, using mediation or any other alternative dispute resolution methods to resolve family disputes as we recognize the emotional impact of family disputes and exercise sensitivity dealing with each case.
Death is as inescapable as drawing breath! We assist our clients in identifying their long-term visions for the transfer of their wealth upon their deaths, and cater to the organization or re-organization of their family affairs so that their visions can be realized. Therefore, we offer expert advice to our clients on the best structure of a Will, tailored for individual circumstances. We address the personal and business perspective in family matters, including:
- Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and other Complementary Documents
- Review and update of existing Wills
- Family Business Succession & Family Trusts
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Application for probate
- Application for Letters of Administration
- Preparation of personal directives or living Wills
- Charitable Giving
- Child Adoption
- Property Division
- Spousal and Child Support/Custody
- Pre-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements